Re: Fuel leak?

Did you remove the access panel to check that the hoses for the fuel
filler and the vapor recovery system are connected properly? If there
is a leak here, fumes can roll down and sometimes get sucked up thru
the drain for the intake chamber for the A/C. A bad gas cap can also
cause fumes to enter inside. Here the fumes can either drop down the
same way, or they can simply travel accross the grill at the bottom
of
the windshield to become sucked in.

I've had a problem somewhat simular with the tankzilla unit in my
car,
but I believe I've found the reason why.

Try this test: Take you car out into traffic on a hot day, and drive
it around for about an hour or two. When you get back, remove the gas
cap. Stick a key or another object into the filler neck to open the
filler door. Check to see if any pressurized gas fumes rush out. If
you can as well, check to see if an bubbles/leaks start appearing
around the fuel sending unit.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Walter" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> I still smell fuel! It was fine for two weeks after I put the fuel
tank
> back together. But now the odor is enough to make me sick!
<SNIP>