[DML] Re: Trunk-Latch springs

The factory originally fitted springs on amny cars that were inadequate to "pop" the luggage compartment. A service fix for this was introduced (don't remember exact VIN) that replaced the spring with a new spring #110279. We installed/sold several of these at this weekends event in AZ. Good luggage compartment struts are also a big help.

If opening your luggage compartment is a two-handed affair (one on the handle, one on the hood) this spring should solve your problem.

This spring is available from the De Lorean Motor Company online store or any other DeLorean vendor for about $3.00.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573
800/USA-DMC1
http://www.delorean.com

unlatched. The end of this is connected with a spring to the actual
latch. When the latch is pulled, it is supposed to increase the
tension on the spring, lifting the "popper" so the hood can then be
grabbed. On many cars, I have seen this be correct, but it still
doesn't pop the hood simply do to it's shear weight. What the