Re: Battery straps

On Subject, Tom N wrote:

> Nick and others,
> There is suppose to be ONE piece only!! I spent few hours trying to figure
> out how it goes... and I had no idea. Then I called DMC Joe (thank you!) and
> he email me a picture that shows exactly how it goes.
> If anyone want that picure just let me know and I'll email it to you.

I do not believe this is correct! The front web strap with latch, in
excellent condition, is 13 1/2 inches long and there is no way that alone
could hold the battery. Back behind the battery there is another bracket, but
no strap.

After typing this I remembered seeing something on this subject in an old DW
magazine so I went back and found it! Volume 9, issue 3, page 31 has a
drawing and text about battery installation and care. The picture clearely
shows a two part strap!

I repeat my earlier question: Are the straps available from one of the
vendors? (I agree with Walt's comment; it got to be a bear of a job to put in
a new rear strap!)

Roger
VIN 1074