The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

Well,

It's been about two months since my last update. I've been eBaying like
crazy, and raised another $4,700 toward the Vixen Restoration Fund. For
those of you keeping score at home, that makes about $17,000 (give or
take) to get her back on the road. I still have an entire dining room
full of Mac parts that should more than cover the rest of the funds I'll
need for the job.

I haven't quite been sitting on my heels though. I was waiting for Dave
Bauerle to pick up my body panels. He was supposed to be coming through
Pittsburgh, and was going to pick them up on the way. However, he never
made it out here, so I rented a U-Haul trailer and took my doors,
T-panel, and RR quarter down to him at the end of September. He still
has them now, and is working on them as we speak.

While I'm waiting, I decided to pick up a few items, including new front
and rear fasicas, rear window, shift boot, reproduction key, and
binnacle from DMC Houston. I'm also in the process of getting the
wheels powder coated, in preparation for the four new AVS Intermediates
from Tire Rack.

The local welding shop welded the oxygen sensor bung onto the LR
"macaroni" turbo exhaust pipe (but he forgot to drill the hole first.
D'oh! Guess I forgot to tell him). I also got him to weld new studs on
the front fascia retainer, and likewise weld six studs on my homemade
air deflector brackets (pictures soon, hopefully) -- I made them out of
some bolts and the folder-hanging frame from my desk drawer at work.

I'm also back to my mad scientist phase on the turbos. I found a way to
possibly cram a couple of intercoolers in there, made out of (and y'all
are going to love this) some Model T Ford parts, at a total cost of
around $44. I'll keep you posted. =)

Sooo... Now that I have rediscovered the D that was hiding underneath of
all that eBay stuff, I have the following things left to do.

1) Repair and repaint engine cover and louvers
2) Paint trunk compartment.
3) Rebrush and install all stainless.
4) Finish air conditioning, and fix leaking valve cover gasket.
5) Install new windshield and rear window.
6) Restore and install windshield moldings.
7) Purchase and install new seat covers and carpeting, door seals, and
a few other interior components.
8) Alignment.
9) Engine tuning, and possibly a chassis dyno test.
10) Pennsylvania state inspection.

Of course, after all that's done, I'm probably going to rip the engine
apart to put the new machined heads and manifold on, but that's a whole
other story. =)

-Dave Stragand
VIN #05927
http://www.ProjectVixen.com