Dennis Gage gave me the High Five last night

Dennis Gage gave me the High Five last night

Last night the TV Show "My Classic Car" came to the Cleveland suburb of
Solon. They taped their show at the Cruisin' the Commons Charity Night
sponsored by the Rock-n-Roll Capital Street Machines. This is an unusual
car show that always takes place on Tuesday evenings, yet attracts 750 cars
per week.

This time there were easily 2 or 3 times that number. The cruise officially
started at 6:00 PM. Someone told me that they filled the 750 car parking
lot by 2:00! Everyone wanted to be on television.

My wife, Patti, had only learned that MCC was coming to town at 3:00 that
afternoon. We did not have time to grab a camera, but by sheer coincidence
I had just washed the DeLorean.

By the time we got there at 6:00 the line to get in stretched for many
miles. The entire Solon police force must have been called out to direct
traffic. I saw one classic overheat in the queue, and many others turn back
in caution.

Our DeLorean kept its cool, idling in the queue, with the AC running, for 45
minutes. We have a Ducellier alternator.

Finally we got close to the show grounds. By then the sun was too low for
the crew to shoot any more footage, so we were not filmed. But Patti and I
did show our DeLorean, and it attracted a lot of attention. We parked in
the grass a thousand feet away from the main event, right between a GTO and
a new Lotus.

We did get to meet the host of My Classic Car, Dennis Gage. He is a great
guy. Surrounded by classic cars, he had a huge smile on his face. Patti
and I told him we enjoyed MCC, then we told him about JZD's appearance at
Ken Koncelik's recent DeLorean Car Show in Cleveland. He gave me the 'high
five.' Later we paraded our DeLorean past Dennis with the doors up. He
recognized Patti from before, and called to her: "Thanks for watching the
show!."

Thanks to My Classic Car, this charity show was an overwhelming success.
Because this was a charity event, I doubt they had a large budget. I will
contact the Rock-n-Roll Capital Street Machines and find out what they did
to attract MCC.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 01280, 7 years