Report: Ohio Event (and New Towing Service)

Report: Ohio Event (and New Towing Service)

Last Saturday, the DeLorean Club of Ohio held a Fall Colors Tour and Tech
session in Central Ohio, hosted by Dave Bauerle. The Autumn colors were
vivid and the sun shone in perfect weather as DeLoreans from all over Ohio
(and beyond) converged on the small town of Radnor.

Radnor is about half an hour out of Columbus, near the Scioto River. This
area is mostly flat, giving the river a shallow valley where colorful trees
mix with corn-filled fields. Our touring DeLoreans wound their way up and
down both banks, around a lake and across a dam. Many thanks to Dave and
Amy Bauerle for arranging a wonderful tour on a perfect day.

Bauerle Automotive is a great place for a tech session. It is one of the
biggest and newest buildings in Radnor. One thing Radnor has plenty of is
open space, and if he needed to, Dave could probably park 100 DeLoreans at
his place.

In addition to the ten DeLoreans that joined us for different parts of the
day, he had about a dozen in for service in various stages of repair,
several on lifts. He even had a unique chance to talk about body repair,
thanks to the recent arrival of panels from Dave Stragand's Vixen, in for
cosmetic repair. (Hey, Dave S., for the most part those stainless panels
already look pretty good to me).

After the tour and tech session, Dave and Amy treated us to a wonderful
picnic on the shop's spacious front lawn. Surrounded by Autumn splendor,
with appropriate decorations and table settings, we enjoyed their gracious
hospitality of burgers and homemade potato salad. I am happy to report that
in addition to being a top DeLorean mechanic, Dave Bauerle is pretty handy
with a grill.

I can't end this report without a final FYI for DeLorean owners:

During the afternoon, Dave Bauerle showed off his two shiny new flatbed tow
trucks. The new flatbeds are light gray and silver, making them the perfect
chariots on which a DeLorean might take a ride. He calls this service
DEL-CO Towing.

Of course none of our DeLoreans needed a tow on Saturday. But anyone
driving their DeLorean through OH, IN, KY, PA, or MI might be glad to know
that, (heaven forbid!) if your DeLorean breaks down, Dave Bauerle is ready
to rescue you.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 01280, 7 years