Re: [DML] Broken Shift Linkage

Robert, The WD40 will wash away the grease needed uner the shifter boot it's
only 5% oil and won't stay around long. I use wheel bearing grease. It won't
melt down due to heat and it will stay with the parts. If you can, take it
apart, clean it down then grease it up good. That will take care of the top.
Naturally look for worn parts to replace. Then, There is a sleeved bolt
underneath the car that the shifting linkage swivles on. This bolt could have
been replaced with a straight bolt and could be causing the problem. Again,
replace if necessary, clean and regrease. You may need to get another person
to mess wift the shifter while your underneath looking. Then futher back is
the adjustments. Clean and grease. I have done this to three cars and they
worked out fine.
John
11004