Re: [DML] Broken Shift Linkage

Cable? It has been some time since I worked on this area of the car,
but as I recall the DeLorean uses a rod shifter.

I had a shift failure a few years back, where I went to shift and heard
a loud bang. The stick became very loose and I could not shift. After
the car was towed home, I got under it and found that the pivot bolt on
the shift linkage had snapped. I got a new bolt at Pep Boys, and used
some washers to try and simulate the shoulder on the stock bolt. It got
the car back up and running. Then a call to PJ grady for a new
"correct" bolt with the shoulder.

I was lucky, as the bolt broke such that I could get it out easily.