Re: [DML] Re: Historic Blunders

It seems to me that BOTH of these stories are true.

Indeed Thatcher did hate the whole DeLorean ordeal. Basically because
DeLorean had cost the British government millions in taxpayer's pounds, and
it is against the political nature of the British Conservative party to spend
Government money subsidising anything like the DeLorean. Millions of the
taxpayer's pounds.....all for a company that was being dying very fast.

As far as I know, Thatcher did NOT order the dies destroied, but sold to the
fishing company as mentioned in one of the previous postings. They were
indeed dumped into the ocean, I believe to act as "anchors" to hold down some
fishing nets or something....I could be wrong here, feel free to correct
me.....

The British tried to recover some of their loses by selling these dies to the
highest bidder, which was AFAIK the fishing enterprise.

.....so WHY doesnt someone go down there and get the dies? Well they would
not be of any use if you tried to use them for their original intensions
again. After 10 minutes in salt water, the dies basically have become useless.

What a shame. But hey, at least we still have the VARI dies for the inner
body of the car.

By the way, please correct me if I am completely wrong here. I dont want to
send out false information that will confuse everybody even more.

Justin
VIN 5172
DeLorean Michigan Club
http://members.xoom.com/michdeloclub/main