Re: [DML] Re: Historic Blunders

In the mid 1980's Ford spent about $200 million for a state of the art paint
facility used in manufacturing Ranger pick- up trucks ; this in the plant
where I currently work. Using this example, and taking into account that
1981 was horrendous regarding the U.S.economy and auto sales, I think
the British government was very naive regarding the cost they expected to
incur starting an auto manufacturing operation from scratch. Even though
John
DeLorean may have also been naive in his estimations of potential sales of
his sportswear, especially regarding the economy and the uniqueness of his
car, I still feel John and company did a remarkable job getting to where
they got for the amount of $'s that were spent.

Bruce Benson