[DML] Re: Interior light replacement

Lee-

I am suggesting that "kitchen table engineering", by and large, has contributed to more PROBLEMS than they have solved.

For the better part of twenty years, the DeLorean has been without any "true" factory authorized service/support. This has resulted in well-intentioned, but often misguided attempts at repairs/modifications. We see them ALL the time in our shop.

I am not sure of your real motives in this posting, but have known for some time that you apparently "have a problem" with either me and/or DMC (Houston). If you'd like to continue this dialog in private, I am welcome to hear your issues and how they can be resolved.

BTW, how are the models coming along?

James

Are you suggesting to the list that given the options, that to use your
terms "kitchen table engineered" parts are inferior to what DMC Houston
has to offer? I can think of half a dozen "kitchen table engineered" items
that are not only better than the original item, they are less expensive as
well. In some cases "kitchen table engineered" are so good that you can't
even distinguish them from OEM parts. And of course some are vast
improvements.

I am replying to you in the public section as I think that it is important
for list members, especially new owners, understand the difference between
what you appear to be suggesting and the true state of some replacement
parts not from at DMC Houston.