[DML] interior light replacement

Dear group.......

It's been over a week since I first posted the idea about the interior light
alternative. I only got 4 people that were interested so I'm considering
dropping the project.

Also, I seem to to have stirred up a hornet's nest in doing this. I DID NOT
mean to single out DMC in this post. They have their prices online and
that's where I got it from. I thought everyone used the same price list. I
didn't know it was a newer design either--metal and glass rather than flimsy
plastic. Sounds like a quality piece. Sorry for any confusion.

Now, while mine is indeed a "kitchen table engineered" item, there's
absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's using the same bulb, same wiring,
etc. Sure it's not as pretty on the back side because of the solder, but
you can't see it anyway. Plus it's only going to cost $20-$25 for one
shipped.

One more word about "kitchen table engineering". I am in the process of
bringing my DMC back up to par. There's little things all over it that
don't work. This can be very costly. Since my D. is a toy/project car,
it's on a budget. If I can find suitable items that can be modified at
lower prices, I'm going to use them. That way I can use the money on more
costly items, such as a new fuel sender, new springs, etc. What's wrong
with that??

I was just trying to provide a helpful service to the group. I'm a new
owner so I can't give that much technical help. I don't believe in mooching
help off people and not contributing so I thought this could be a way of
giving back something--just like the battery disconnect switch discount.
(BTW, sent them out Friday. Look for them Tuesday or Wednesday)

If anyone is still interested, email me and maybe we can get enough people
together. I can only buy these in bulk and don't really want to be stuck
with 50 of them. gatewayaag@xxxx "gatewayaag"

Here's the pictures and website:
http://www.midstatedmc.com/parts/intlight.html

Happy Holidays,