[DML] Interior light replacement

Hey group.........

The battery disconnect switch discount deal was a success. I had 17 people
email and order one or more switches. Everyone got the discount which was
over 50% less than to the ones advertised in Hemmings and most catalogs.
Everyone should have them by Christmas.

Now, my next venture. INTERIOR LIGHTS. Both of mine were broken when I got
the car--cracked frames, broken lense, etc. DMC wants $39.95 a piece plus
shipping (P/N 100540). This was a fairly simple design and I knew I could
find something like it and make it work. I eventually found one. It looked
even better than the originals and fit perfectly, but didn't function the
same way. I think it was built for the center position to be a ON with the
doors open, then the back and forth position to be constantly ON.

After some work with a Dremel tool, soldering iron, and some wire it works
like the originals. Center function is OFF, back is ON, and forward is ON
with the doors switches (10-20 second delay after they close). The only
thing is that the spades on the light are smaller than the D's connectors.
They still fit though--they won't fall off or anything.

Price........They shouldn't be more than $25 shipped ($42.50 for two). Oh,
the correct bulbs are included as well. This is close to, or more than 50%
of what DMC wants for two shipped (I don't know if they include the bulbs or
not). Not to mention I think they look even better--a little more sleek.
The switch is smoother and more precise. Of course, they're not original
and have been modified, but we're talking some big savings.

I put some pictures up on my website:
http://www.mindspring.com/~gatewayaag/light.html

I've been using one in my D for the past month without problems. The car
didn't burn to the ground or act any differently because, now with the
modification, the wiring is the same--before there would have been problems.

I'll probably order these next Monday or Tuesday. Let me know ASAP if
you're interested. I'll definitely order some extras, but I'd just like to
get an idea if anyone's interested. For all I know, mine may be the only
ones that ever broke.

Email me at gatewayaag@xxxx "gatewayaag" for those who get the
"-" for the "g".

Thanks!