[DML] Re: Interior light replacement

At 10:07 AM 12/16/99 -0500, you wrote:
>When someone singles out DMC (Houston) in their posting, I feel an
>obligation to respond.
Snip..........................
.......................snip
>In any case, it boils down to if you want an improved, properly
>designed and functioning light fixture for your car, or something
>(possibly plastic) that someone has "kitchen table engineered" to
>work.

Hello James,

Are you suggesting to the list that given the options, that to use your
terms "kitchen table engineered" parts are inferior to what DMC Houston
has to offer? I can think of half a dozen "kitchen table engineered" items
that are not only better than the original item, they are less expensive as
well. In some cases "kitchen table engineered" are so good that you can't
even distinguish them from OEM parts. And of course some are vast
improvements.

I am replying to you in the public section as I think that it is important
for list members, especially new owners, understand the difference between
what you appear to be suggesting and the true state of some replacement
parts not from at DMC Houston.

Note to moderators

This message is intended for general list posting, I feel it is important that
list members are aware that just because one of the commercial DeLorean
list members makes a pronouncement, that the value or quality of a non-Commercial
part may still be as good or better than the ones offered. By way of example
There are a number of electrical solutions that run from the Zilliazing',
relay kits, and air bleed kits, break and clutch lines to be considered.

Thanks

CAUTION : Any individual or group discharging a nuclear device or weapon
inside Los Angeles city limits may be fined $500 - and/or serve 30 days in county jail.

It's the LAW!