[DML] Re: Automatic opening gullwing doors

[DML] Re: Automatic opening gullwing doors

Hi list,
I posted a message about VPA corp. that makes the shaved door handle kits before.
I also have this kit installed on my DeLorean, and it works great. The looks you get popping up your doors while walking to your vehicle in a parking lot. I very rarely use my door handle.
The kit has two 15lb.door solenoids that are mounted on each door, not actuators.
Theres a company called Autoloc that sells a similar kit that looks alot nicer but is more pricey. But with Autoloc's solenoids you have a choice of 15lbs. or 35lbs. of pull. If I had to buy the kit again I would look into the 35lb. solenoids. The 15lbs is barely enough to open the doors with modifacation.
And also the 35 is twice the size of the 15 and I assume it will weigh more, so I don't know if it will mess with the balance on the doors.
So do some research on both of these companies products. And also if you buy the kit you don't have to get the ones with the door poppers, there not needed.
And you can buy the solenoids and remote modules seperately.
Later
Mike
Vin#1113