Re: [DML] and another thing.............

Re: [DML] and another thing.............

See below:

--- dalaurieann <dalaurieann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would just like to make a few more comments and
> then I will get off
> my high horse.  In regards to Saturday night you
> need to stop and
> think about what entertainment value was there to
> those who were not
> recognized by verbal praise or some sort of award?

Are you talking about the car show awards?  Are you
upset that you did not win?

> It's nice to
> share in the accomplishments of others but there are
> limits on that
> as well.  This was hour after hour after hour of ego
> feeding.

The awards were a short part of the evening.  If you
think about all of the other things that went on.
Fred Dellis and Rob Grady spoke, Jeff Weissman spoke,
We had raffles where some of the vendors spoke, and
the auction.  (Was there more?  I may be forgetting
some things).

> Suggestions for the future are much better
> organization.  Some sort
> of shuttle provided when individuals do not have
> access to their car
> if the hotel that many people are staying at is not
> at the same
> location as the show.

Better organization?  Can you elaborate on this?  To
me this implies less freedom.  Ken gave lots of
options for people to entertain themselves on Saturday
(Look at cars, listen to music, watch videos, shop the
vendors, or just sit and chat!).  If we had a strict
schedule, I don't think it would work as well.

I don't know if a shuttle would have been used much.
However, if you wanted to leave but made the mistake
of putting your car inside I am sure someone with a
car outside would have been happy to help you with a
lift.  You could also call a Cab.  The cost of a
shuttle for the show would have been a waste.

> Every car owner who enters
> the show should
> receive some form of recognition just for
> participating in the show.

Everyone who registered early got a tee-shirt.  Each
family (car or not) got a pin.  I have been to lots of
local shows, and have a large collection of "Free Dash
Plaques" sitting in a box.  They are useless.  I don't
need a trinket to remember that I participated in an
event like this.  However, what do you suggest be
given to participants?  (Again, I question if you are
upset that you did not win anything).

> A polished, professional MC to moderate the show.

Like the shuttle, Cost is a factor.  I think the
volunteers did a great job.  Having a professional MC
would have not added any enjoyment to the show.

> Jeffrey Weisman
> was the best speaker of the entire event because he
> didn't repeat
> himself over and over, he didn't stay on one subject
> til it was
> driven into the ground and he interjected humor that
> everyone could
> relate to.  That is the type of speaker that is
> needed to keep the
> flow and momentum of the event.  Whoever the MC is
> needs to be versed
> on what he or she is talking about.  A very detailed
> outline with
> plan B's

Maybe you want to MC next time?  Who are you?!

> I also wanted to mention the
> disrespectful treatment of
> Joe Charter.

I did not see any disrespect for Joe.

<SNIP>
> I had so much
> anticipation and
> excitement leading up to the show.  Maybe my
> expectations were too
> high.  Nevertheless I still feel obligated to
> express the viewponts
> of myself and many others who attended the show.

Based on your suggestions and comments above, I am at
a loss as to why you were so disappointed.  I guess
you can't please everyone.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail