Re: [DML] and another thing.............

Re: [DML] and another thing.............

dalaurieann <dalaurieann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>In regards to Saturday night you need to stop and
>think about what entertainment value was there to those who were not
>recognized by verbal praise or some sort of award? It's nice to
>share in the accomplishments of others but there are limits on that
>as well. This was hour after hour after hour of ego feeding.
><snip>

> Every car owner who enters the show should
>receive some form of recognition just for participating in the show.

Ok.  I think I see what the problem is here.  Dalaurieann, not everyone can win everything.  We can't all be winners, otherwise, what's the point of the competition??  I will tell you how awesome your car is if it makes you feel better, but you won't post your name --so I guess that's out of the question.  The show is about having fun with other owners and enthusiasts.  Isn't it a little hard to get recognition, when no one knows you exist?

>A very detailed outline with plan B's

Whuh?  Not at this show.  This is what I like about DCS: informal presentation that makes us all feel like we can participate -and we can.  This show is about content, not about some meaningless pomp or pageant.  Ken can't offer "fun" in a big bowl at the end of the food line.  You can only have fun by being involved, and taking action to meet others.

I don't mean to criticize you for offering your opinion.  I offer this message as an explanation.  You criticism of the show is fine, as long as we keep it constructive.  But as stated previously, your criticism is truly baseless until you tell us who you are.  We don't even know if you were really there!

Jake Kamphoefner, driving 1063 in STL