[DML] DCS 2006 Suggestions

Having coordinated several custom/street rod shows,
I've seen the various ways they can be organized.  As
an experiment, I did do one show where I forced the
cars into designated parking areas, by class.  It was
alot of work estimating the spaces needed, expanding
and shrinking areas as needed and just getting the
cars into the right spots, but I feel it was the most
fairly judged show I'd ever run.  As someone mentioned
earlier, if a judge can stand in one spot and see
every car in the class, comparing and picking the
winner is much easier and in the end more fair. (I
think it makes it more interesting for the spectators
too to be able to compare cars in a given class.)
Arranging for this type of layout is much more
difficult though.  We had a sign company as a sponsor
and they created nice little signs for each class that
we posted on stantions.  Since we had most of our
registrations the day of the show, we had to do
guestimates of the final size of each class.
(Presumably that would be easier with the DCS as most
are pre-registered (Ken?))  I also spent the entire
morning, on my bicycle, shuttling cars around the lot,
from the registration table to their class parking
area.  If space permits, Ken I'll volunteer to help
coordinate class-based parking for 2006.

One more recommendation:  At the PF show, I noticed
that while several of the more technical speakers were
talking, many people (who I assume weren't interested
in nuts and bolts) were talking and making it
difficult for others to hear.  If the facilities in
Chicago permit, I'd suggest holding the seminars in
separate rooms as "break-out" sessions separate from
the main "social/dining area".  This would also allow
for more sessions and possibly concurrent ones.
Again, this all depends on the facilities.

What do you guys (and gals) think?

Thanks again for everything Ken!

=====
Steve