RE: [DML] and another thing.............

RE: [DML] and another thing.............

...wow.
All I can say is "wow".

You know, I have this entire event on tape, over 15 hours of it so far.
Anytime anyone was speaking or on stage I had the camera rolling.
The show went well or bad depending on who you are.
If you are new to the Delorean world like myself, just having the gathering
was
plenty enough. I was over impressed with the venue, and pleased with the
guests we had.
I suppose if the cars alone don't impress you, then the rest of the show
might not have been
as fun for you if you are a veteran.

However I must admit that myself along with everyone else felt that the band
that
was playing during Saturday was not needed.
It has nothing to do with their talents, but this show was about getting
together
and not trying to yell over the cover band. NO ONE was paying attention to
them.
The day should have had the video screens working with sound for those who
wanted to sit and watch them.
Now, Joe Charter playing during dinner WAS appropriate, and I thought his
LIVE
performance was good however the production of CD was not very good and I am
betting that the reason for everyone getting lost on the "Tail of the
Dragon" had less to
do with the mis-marked sign and more to do with the fact that it was torture
to listen
to that CD so most of us listen to some good rock and took our chances.

I agree that the end of the show was a little anti-climactic, and that
everything was too drawn out.
I think that we could have done everything in one day, the vendors and car
show.
I was there Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun. This was just too long.

Concerning the awards, I think that the major show winners should be
presented and the
rest of the smaller goofy awards passed out privately - because unless your
car was in the show
you just don't give a crap about who had the best shifter knob - sorry.

The raffle took for-fricken-ever!
The tickets need to be sold through out the day, and then when the numbers
are called
you get one chance to run up there for your goodies or the next number is
called.
This went on into midnight.
Maybe the raffle should happen DURING dinner instead of a band?
This would be more efficient.

Speakers and guests:
....should have been instructed to go onto the stage and use the podium
microphone
so everyone could hear and see them.
Not everyone knows how to use a microphone.
Hervey had it at his waist, and Stegar was about to eat the friggin thing.
These people need to be prepped before hand and instructed on what to do.

Richard did the best job that he could as the MC, and I admit that the
"Joe Charter" comments were not cool whoever made them,
I felt so bad for that guy because it was so obvious that no one was paying
attention to him at all, and he could't give away his CD's.

With all this suggestion, I understand that poor Ken could only do so much.
I know what this is like because I do it all the time in events like this.

(Ken, I will commit to helping where I can at the next show).

Overall, I am not complaining - I had a blast and as a vender made some nice
scratch
that helped pay for my trip.
The problem was simply that there was not enough of Ken to go around and
there
needs to be producers in charge of wrangling up the speakers, keeping things
on time
and tending to needs.

This is a learning experience, and when you put on the largest Delorean car
show
that has ever been with several record breaking events you can't expect
everything
to go 100% perfect.

I am sure that Chicago will run smoother.
I will be there.

- Videobob
VIN#5278

PS: NOTE TO KEN:
If you need my help next show, keep in mind that I am a professional
comedian
as well as host of two national tv shows, so if you need stage help I can do
this
as an announcer or MC, or to work as a producer to prep the talent, etc.....
I can also help you edit any of the videos or slide shows so that they flow
on cue.
- VB