Re: [DML] Concours Judging For Options & Accessories

Re: [DML] Concours Judging For Options & Accessories

Marc,

You raise an very important question that we are also trying to reconcil
with other car clubs.

Here is the best example,  a stock Nash Metropolitan had no seat belts,
poor brakes and only stick shift.

Clearly, a metropolitan without seat belts is a very serious safety
hazard.  Should this car be given more points than a car with seat belts?

What about adding disc brakes. ?  With all cars on the road able to stop
better than a stock met isn't this a better car that should get more points?

The same thing for a Delorean.  Adding the Zilla products makes the car
better.  A better car should be worth more points.

Adding the disc breaks made by someone from Norway?  clearly makes the
car stop better.

What about better tires?  The NCT were okay for their time, but this is
today.

IF you want a museum piece, trophy, trailer queen -that is what you have
-  You don't have a car which is intended to daily "safe" driving and
frequent use.

I think judging needs to be changed so that 70% is the "Acceptable
Stock" level.  More points should be awared for better brakes, better
electrical, better tires,  and possibly better finish-like clear coating
the stainless.  (We all know how much work keeping the naked stainless
looking good is!)

BOB