Re: [DML] Concours Judging For Options & Accessories

Re: [DML] Concours Judging For Options & Accessories

With all due respect to my friend David;

Sad state of affairs if the value of all of our cars
are based on this one event.

Concours judging, as it has been done by DMCH is
simple...  Make your car "fit the book" and you win...
 Even if the book is wrong.  If this is what you want
to do to your car to get a trophy, go right ahead..

My opinion: dont have the competition at all.
Although the DeLorean Concours is very different than
other such competitions, the whole idea of judging a
car based on how "original" it is for the DeLorean is
just wrong..  First off, the changes are poorly
documented. Even if you are the original owner of a
car right off the lot and have done nothing to it, it
still may not "fit the (DMCH) book" and therefore will
loose points.  Is this fair? I think not..  Secondly,
these cars left the factory with a number of well
known problems.  Cars that do not have these things
fixed are LESS valuable (IMHO) than other "driver"
cars.  And you say the value of my car is based on the
value of the "winner" with a hazardous fan fail
system, or door lock module?   I could go on...  But I
doubt anyone even got this far before clicking DELETE.
 :)

Advice for someone looking to buy a DeLorean:  Buy a
winner if you want to win trophies...  Buy a driver if
you want to drive it!

--- David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> everyone's opinion counts. As Delorean owmers we all
> have a stake in
> how this turns out. The value of the Delorean is
> determined by the
> value of a concours car. Everyone starts out with
> 100 points. It is
> downhill from there so the closer you are to a
> winner the more
> valuable your car is. How that car is judged affects
> that value. BTW
> if you are thinking about entering the concours
> enter now before it
> closes up. There will only be 6 cars max for the top
> event.
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757

<SNIP>