Re: [DML] Re: Concours Judging For Options & Accessories

Re: [DML] Re: Concours Judging For Options & Accessories

It looks to me like the decisions regarding concours rules are in the hands
of a group of judges whose final decision is at least somewhat independent
from DMCH. In fact they are looking for input from those of us on this list.
The main problem with determining  DeLorean concours rules is the fact that
the liquidator used whatever was available to produce those last cars. Many
were made up of  left over parts from different stages of the cars evolution
and while they worked, they veered from the manufacturing standard that DMC
had in place prior to its demise. In some instances they may have produced
cars that could be considered one of a kind. Unfortunately there has to be
some standard to judge the car by in a concours event and using the
factory's original  production standard  would seem to be the logical one to
follow. Anything other than that would be something different than concours.
If you allow, for example Zilla inprovements, to be acceptable without
penalty then what do you do with other acceptable similar improvments like
Hervey's products. If concours is your goal IMHO you should be working to
reach the looked for standard and not put your efforts into changing the
rules to match your car

Bruce Benson