[DML] overheating

Hi Group.
Couple questions about this overheating business.
My car has several items on it including the air bleeder hose fix.
In addition, I've noticed that it doesn't have a stock antifreeze
tank, though it appears quite similar, and strangely, it has a
secondary antifreeze tank.  That is, the overflow hose from the
antifreeze tank goes to a second smaller antifreeze tank on the left
side of the trunk.  that second one then has a vented hose.
apparentely someone had their own idea of how to solve the over
heating problem.
Anyway,  The other day I drove the Delorean, then let it sit and run
a bit.  the car first heated to the middle (220, still in the white)
previously the fans would kick on around this point.. No fans...and
engine continued to heat to the point it was going to overheat and
still NO FANS.. so.. I LET IT GET COMPLETELY COLD.  Then, as per the
advice of Mr. Hervey, I took the cap off of the antifreeze tank and
started the car and let it run for awhile.. I could see the
antifreeze circulating.  I then drove the car a bit and let it sit
and it begin heating up..
It then heated up to 220 (Right in the middle) and when it went above
this, the fans kicked on and cooled it down to just below that center
point..  so what gives?  I thought if it had air the airbleeder hose
would bleed the air?  Any ideas besides air.. and also, is it normal
that fans should kick on right when it goes above the center line?
If not, where should they turn on?
No, I do not see any antifreeze in the exhaust, plus, I've got new
head gaskets and the oil appears very clean so I don't suspect a leak
there.

Thanks
Dale Funk

To visit your group on the web, go to: