[DML] Re: lost power

What do you have for the fan fail relay? Is it the origional blue one
or do you have a wire bypass? Have the 2 circuit breakers (one for the
cooling fans and one for the heater) been uprated? The origionals
should be replaced with higher capacity ones. ALL connections must be
clean and tight, not loose and overheated. From the overheat you
should check every vacuum hose for hardness and leaks. The electrical
problem at idle could be a bad battery, dirty/loose connections, loose
belt on the alternator, or a bad alternator. You should inspect for
the recalls and do them and the updates as you can afford. Because of
the electrical problems you may have a failing shift computer. It is
repairable inexpensively. Again I suggest you do ALL the external
on-car adjustments for the trans including fluid level checks both for
the transmission AND the final drive.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Darryl Givens <mydmc5898@xxxx> wrote:
> I called PJ Grady awhile ago close to two years when I first bought
my D. From what I was told by the previous owner is that the garage I
currently take the car to is the one in which the trans was put back
in. But PJ Grady's apprenelty only rebuilt it. I called and gave them
two names but they didn't have anything. The trans never gave me a
problem until a little while age.
> The deal with the lock up was that these other guys who
worked/messed up my car allowed the car to run, when I told them the
cooling fans were not coming on all the time. They turned the car on
for some diagonostics and walked away only to come back 20min later to
find the car smoking and turned off. I didn't find this out until I
paid 1,181 for the bill. (needless to say we are suing them) My garage
that it goes to got the car back up and running. But that was back in
March I

To visit your group on the web, go to: