      1. Fwd: Poll results for dmcnews
           From: "Dan RC30" <Danrc30@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: njp548@xxxxxxx
           From: Aaron Posey <cadysrme@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
           From: "Mark Hershey" <dmcinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
           From: "Mark Hershey" <dmcinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
           From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
           From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: edherrmann@xxxxxxxxx
           From: "Drinkware" <marvin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Willie Mack <wmack@xxxxxx>
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
           From: E Grauff <datamonk@xxxxxxx>
     18. Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement
           From: loweryd@xxxxxxxx
     19. 2 fast questions
           From: "Delorean@abato. net \(E-mail\)" <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>
     20. Re: WD-40 the other side
           From: William T Wilson <fluffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     21. Re: More work done on frame
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
     22. Re: Stabilizer Recall (was More work ..)
           From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     23. Re: removing the air deflector
           From: njp548@xxxxxxx
     24. Re: Matching tyres in the UK
           From: loweryd@xxxxxxxx
     25. Re: Re: Stabilizer Recall (was More work ..)
           From: njp548@xxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 18:48:19 -1000
   From: "Dan RC30" <Danrc30@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Fwd: Poll results for dmcnews

>The following dmcnews poll is now closed.  Here are the
>final results:
>

>POLL QUESTION: Do you think that a Delorean made in
>1981, 1982, or 1983, with new upgraded
>lowering springs and shocks fitted to
>it, which will increase handling
>performance, can outhandle an AUDI TT
>made in the year of 2000, or 2001.
>
>CHOICES AND RESULTS
>- No, 14 votes, 63.64%
>- Yes, 8 votes, 36.36%
>
>INDIVIDUAL VOTES
>- No
>      - NJP548@xxxxxxx
>      - ilan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>      - dmcjohn@xxxxxxxxxxx
>      - jcwelch@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>      - Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>      - srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>      - jsight@xxxxxxxx
>      - CIAsleeper22@xxxxxxx
>      - cadysrme@xxxxxxxxx
>      - jdsjlv@xxxxxxx
>      - mpolans@xxxxxxxxxxx
>      - malevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>      - tomcio@xxxxxxxxxxx
>      - mquinto@xxxxxxx
>- Yes
>      - Soma576@xxxxxxx
>      - DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
>      - beecher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>      - delorean@xxxxxxxxx
>      - stiefel@xxxxxxxxxxx
>      - petleech@xxxxxxx
>      - deeb@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>      - louie@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>

>For more information about this group, please visit
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>
>For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
>http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups

Message: 2
   Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 00:16:18 EST
   From: njp548@xxxxxxx
Subject: More work done on frame

Hey List,

     I have been pretty busy lately and I wasn't able to send a post to the
DML a few days ago with an update on the work that I have done on the frame.
A few days ago I was able to install the front stabilizer bar and then
install the vacuum lines that run the length of the frame.  I had to repair
one of the vacuum lines, after I saw that it had a rust hole all the way
through it on a part of it.  What I did was cut that section off with a hack
saw, and I had some extra steel piping from another vacuum line from the car
(I got a replacement from DMC Houston a while back) so I just matched up the
cut off piece with a good section of the old vacuum line and cut it off, then
I used some rubber hose and 2 clamps and put that new piece of steel line on
the vacuum line.  It came out really good.  I got pictures to show everyone
if the description I gave wasn't that good.  I should also add that
installing the stabilizer bar was a pain in the neck to install.  It took me
about 5 hours to do.  For some reason the threads in the frame where the
bolts to secure the stabilizer clamps weren't lining up right.  I had to use
a round file and make the holes for one of the strengthening plates bigger in
order to get it to work.  The next day I was able to mate up the engine and
tranny, and now tomorrow I plan to install the engine and tranny into the
frame and to finish up the frame.  All that I have to do now is engine and
tranny, run the heater feed and return lines, run the ss clutch line, and run
the a/c lines.  Next Sunday, I plan to lower the body onto the frame.  If
anyone in the long island area would like to stop by and help lower the body,
feel free to e-mail me privately and I will give you the address, directions
and the time we will be working on it.  We will need a lot of help moving the
body from inside my garage and onto the frame.  Have a great week everyone!

Later,
Nick
1852
<A HREF="" href="Http://members.aol.com/njp548">Http://members.aol.com/njp548">Http://members.aol.com/njp548</A>

Message: 3