      1. RE: The $5 window fix
           From: "Doc" <doctor280@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Otterstat question
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
      3. Re: Door guides
           From: "Joe Thome" <joethome@xxxxxxx>
      4. High idle speed
           From: "Arne Hofmann (Beta LAYOUT GmbH)" <arne.hofmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Acceleration Problems,
           From: dmc12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      6. Minnesota June Cruise
           From: "Jim Reeve"<ultra@xxxxxxx>
      7. Thanks Joe
           From: "Doc" <doctor280@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Freon direct replacements
           From: "John L. Rahn" <john_rahn@xxxxxxx>
      9. Re: door dings caused by window regulator
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     10. Re: FULLY Converting to R-134a
           From: "Sean Howley" <tsuyoi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Re: New Delorean Owner
           From: Verbrugghe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
     12. Re: Re: Door guides
           From: Mike Substelny <msubstel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Hot start
           From: paulheymeson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     14. Re: Vacuum related squeal
           From: Mike Substelny <msubstel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Overdue Report: Stainless Show and Shine in Canada
           From: Mike Substelny <msubstel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     16. Bob Zilla on some interesting Lock posts
           From: ZillaDelorean@xxxxxxx
     17. Re: Hot start
           From: "Jim Reeve" <ultra@xxxxxxx>
     18. Re: Vacuum related squeal
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
     19. Re: The $5 window fix
           From: iznodmad@xxxxxxx
     20. tempurature and malfunctioning tach
           From: "Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1@xxxxxxx>
     21. Re: Re: Door guides
           From: Corey Stup <corey@xxxxxxxx>
     22. plastic clutch line syndrome?
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
     23. Re: High idle speed
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
     24. Tires
           From: "Ryan Foster" <westiething@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     25. RE: The $5 window fix
           From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 02:02:55 -0400
   From: "Doc" <doctor280@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: The $5 window fix

Les stated:
I've been intrigued by it for some time, my passenger window needs help.  I
wonder if it's as good as it looks, anyone for or against it?
I wonder if the clamps should be cemented or locked in place some way
rather than just squeezing them by hand?  I wonder why 5 rather than 4
or 6 or whatever (at the price)?  I wonder if someone has a better fix?
(I wonder a lot).
Being intrigued and wondering are good things. I will answer some of your
questions, but your conclusions are going to be all yours.

1) When the clamps are squeezed on by hand, you cannot crush the cable
guide, which would cause the system not to work.

2) No cement is required; the rubber on the clamps has sufficient gripping
abilities to hold them in place. As I have said before, I have been running
this fix for 2 1/2 years with no problems. (Just a note: My car is not a
garage queen. It has to live outside under a car cover when not in use. But
that is not much because I use the car as my main transportation, as some of
the list members know.)

3) Five clamps were decided on by me, because that was enough to thoroughly
reinforce the cable guide effectively.

I know that the $5.00 fix, most likely sounds too good for some to believe.
But it really does work. The last thing in the world that I would want to
do, is have someone to go through the trouble of gaining access to the inner
door, pulling out the regulator, repairing it, button everything back up,
and it not work. That would be just cruel and inhumane. Something that I am
not.

As always I welcome any comments or questions on this subject.

Robert Starling
Vin#05252

Message: 2