Re: Door Guides

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001 16:09:01 Joe Thome wrote:

> Interesting information about the importance of door guides.
>
> Would a DeLorean with a VIN 06467 manufactured in November, 1981, likely
> have those door guides? Can anyone explain how can I check to see if my car
> has them? Does anyone have pictures of what they look like?

I haven't got my car at home right now, so making a picture is going to be
difficult. I DID find a picture on Stian Birkelands' website
<http://home.online.no/~stianfb/norway.htm> on which one is quite clearly
visible. To make it more clear I've cropped and marked the picture and put it up
at <http://www.vdwouw.demon.nl/doorguide.jpg> (Hope Stian doesn't mind) ;-)

If you look closely you'll see two "bulges" made of SS next to the latch-slot,
this is one part, going all around this slot. I don't know which version this
would be, but now at least you have some idea of where to look. If you car is
"edged" (for lack of a better word) instead of rounded like in this pic you
probably don't have the guides. Contact your favorite vendor with your VIN#
handy; they'll know which version you'll need...

Good luck,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000