â.plus also the Saffy Bi-Turbo was never sold in the UK (officially) and they are still making good money on the continent if you can find one.  Iâve found just one for sale in France having searched for 20 mins, a Safrane Bi-Turbo Baccarra, 1995 registered, 177,000kms, â11,000 (euros).

In my âtop ten garageâ, a Saffy Bi-Turbo would be there.  :o)

Claire

DOC171

  _____

From: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Martin Gutkowski
Sent: 24 September 2005 23:25
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [doc] RHD conversion

No, not really.

Two small turbos = exactly the same power as one big turbo but less
laggy - in theory!

Except two small turbos = down bottom of engine bay and have to engineer
twin intercoolers/chargecoolers = big air volume = more lag.

And anyay, the Saf engine is transverse - the turbos are not set up the
same front and back. And they only ever made a couple of hundred.

Martin

  _____

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk