New Owner!

Hi list,

Well, what can I say? I was driving down to Kent yesterday to go and look at a DeLorean for sale when all of a sudden some cheeky show off with registration number IIL 1611 cruises past me in the outside lane, ignoring all the 60MPH speed restrictions! Have to hand it to you Martin, the car looked stunning! Unfortunately I wasn't quick enough off the mark with my digital camera to get an action shot before you disappeared off into the distance! However, the fun didn't end there?

In 1992, 10 years after the DeLorean factory officially closed its doors, I saw a DeLorean for the first time. I vividly remember seeing the huge, low machine with shiny, spoked alloy wheels sitting with its doors pointing skyward in a motor museum in central England. To an impressionable 8 year-old, this radical and futuristic-looking car stood out a mile from the vintage shapes of the classic 1930s MGs, Jaguars and historic racing vehicles that surrounded it.

Leaving the museum that winters day, I vowed to find and own a DeLorean within the next ten years. Yesterday, I achieved that goal.

Now I'm the proud new owner of DeLorean VIN #4400! She's an October '81 5-speed car with grey interior, silver wheels and Euro spec suspension. Check her out on the enclosed photo attachment. A tiny bit of cosmetic work needed here and there, but mechanically she's spot on!

Gradually, the DeLorean Owners organisations around the globe are turning the tide of public opinion in favour of our remarkable and unique cars. As a new owner, I aim to do as much as possible for the club in order to help set the record straight about the DeLorean DMC-12.

However, it has to be said that I would quite simply not be a DeLorean owner today if it was not for the huge amounts of help I received from countless club members, and most importantly Chris "Godfather" Parnham who has had to deal with my e-mail ramblings about all things DeLorean on almost a daily basis for the last couple of years! It would be redundant to thank him but I have to say Chris is a legend, a true enthusiast who is ALWAYS willing to go the extra miles to help others live the dream, and for that I can never thank him enough!

Phil Peters
Wolverhampton
DOC #84
VIN #4400 (after a decade of waiting!)