mine and i was most impressed with the service offered.

All the best

Colm

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Andrew Kowalyk [mailto:andrewkowalyk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: 02 September 2004 17:08
  To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [doc] A bit of advice and info -

  Dear All,

  I've been a member of the club since November of last year, unfortunately
I am not yet an owner, nor have I been a very active club member..yet.

  I know the subject of buying a DeLorean via. U.S. Ebay has been discussed
before and there is no real way of checking out such a car unless physically
done by somebody independently, or flying out to view yourself. However,
there currently is a car listed which purports to be the first DeLorean in
Canada - item no: 2488135857

  I am interested in this car and have contacted the vendor who has email me
further photographs and has said the car's description is true of the Ebay
listing. He also says he would be prepared to hold the car for 30 days with
only a $1000.00 deposit with the balance due once shipping is sorted. The
vendor seems honest, but as we know not everybody is...

  What worries me is the potential of fraud on Ebay which appears to be
growing whereupon Ebay identities are cloned and pictures of previously and
honestly listed cars have been lifted and used for the con.

  Can I ask fellow club member to have a look at the Ebay listing and have a
think back if they've previously seen the same car listed albeit in a
different location. I am tempted to take the risk, but obviously I don't
want to get stung once full payment is sent and flying out to Saskatchewan
within the 30 days to complete the transaction is also unrealistic for me at
this time.

  Also has anybody else imported their car from Canada, is it the same as
repatriating from the States? And can anybody explaine to me what is a
"bonded" vendor?

  Any assistance or advice would be surly appreciated.

  Fraternally yours

  Andrew #379

  DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

---