[doc] Re: A bit of advice and info -

Hi

I know what you mean it is worring buying something so expensive
without seeing it first! :)

My 2p worth based on my experiences of importing one back in June
this Year.....

1. Have you tried the American DMC News group for help, im sure
someone 'nearby' could help and have a look for you, thre seems to be
a lot of friendly people over there willing to help ....i had three
offers of people going to look at two cars i was interested in ....
in the end i went for the opposite one i 'would' have bought , the
one which had higher mileage but as it turned out the far better of
the two due to its updates, service history,and lots of dosh spent on
it in the past renewing parts etc!.

2. Low mileage cars sound great but has it been looked
after 'correctly'? cars sat in garages etc for years on end need a
lot of work to get up and running realiably. What work has this one
had done on it to update anything?

3. I know the chassis looks ok, but with canada being not the dryest
of places , i would certainly ask for more and closer up shots of the
frame especially the front end frame. Closer up pics for the body
work would be good, ask what marks the stainless has if any, pics
cant really show these .

4. Does this car belong to the seller?....ask what defects the car
has again...electrical problems, windows , a/c work etc? Whats
condition is the dash in?

Lots of questions i know but if your seller gives you all the answers
id feel a lot better if it was me....in the end its your money and
hes trying to sell it!

Any problems ask away

Mike

doc403

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Andrew Kowalyk" <andrewkowalyk@xxxx>
wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> I've been a member of the club since November of last year,
unfortunately I am not yet an owner, nor have I been a very active
club member..yet.

> I know the subject of buying a DeLorean via. U.S. Ebay has been
discussed before and there is no real way of checking out such a car
unless physically done by somebody independently, or flying out to
view yourself. However, there currently is a car listed which
purports to be the first DeLorean in Canada - item no: 2488135857

> I am interested in this car and have contacted the vendor who has
email me further photographs and has said the car's description is
true of the Ebay listing. He also says he would be prepared to hold
the car for 30 days with only a $1000.00 deposit with the balance due
once shipping is sorted. The vendor seems honest, but as we know not
everybody is...

> What worries me is the potential of fraud on Ebay which appears to
be growing whereupon Ebay identities are cloned and pictures of
previously and honestly listed cars have been lifted and used for the
con.

> Can I ask fellow club member to have a look at the Ebay listing and
have a think back if they've previously seen the same car listed
albeit in a different location. I am tempted to take the risk, but
obviously I don't want to get stung once full payment is sent and
flying out to Saskatchewan within the 30 days to complete the
transaction is also unrealistic for me at this time.

> Also has anybody else imported their car from Canada, is it the
same as repatriating from the States? And can anybody explaine to me
what is a "bonded" vendor?

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk