[doc] Re: A bit of advice and info -

I've watched Deloreans for years on eBay, and I can always spor when
a scammer uses a photo from another auction. And I make sure I tell
them, & report them to eBay. These photos have never been used
before, and I believe this to be a legitimate auction. Not like the
recent scams where someone sell a car for a ridiculous price only
because they want to ship the car from Nigeria AFTER you send them
the check. Just ask for a few frame, engine, & general wear area
photos. Any seller that actually wants to sell a car should have no
problem supplying them. If he balks, then walk away. You'll find one
eventually. Took me 4 years of watching them till I found the
perfect ones for me. I'd never be able to get ones like I did again,
I've tried a third time, but had to sell it due to it being a basket
case. But I walked away with two perfect ones after years of
watching them.

Best of luck,

Joe OBrien

2524 & 16634

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Andrew Kowalyk" <andrewkowalyk@xxxx>
wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> I've been a member of the club since November of last year,
unfortunately I am not yet an owner, nor have I been a very active
club member..yet.

> I know the subject of buying a DeLorean via. U.S. Ebay has been
discussed before and there is no real way of checking out such a car
unless physically done by somebody independently, or flying out to
view yourself. However, there currently is a car listed which
purports to be the first DeLorean in Canada - item no: 2488135857

> I am interested in this car and have contacted the vendor who has
email me further photographs and has said the car's description is
true of the Ebay listing. He also says he would be prepared to hold
the car for 30 days with only a $1000.00 deposit with the balance
due once shipping is sorted. The vendor seems honest, but as we know
not everybody is...

> What worries me is the potential of fraud on Ebay which appears to
be growing whereupon Ebay identities are cloned and pictures of
previously and honestly listed cars have been lifted and used for
the con.

> Can I ask fellow club member to have a look at the Ebay listing
and have a think back if they've previously seen the same car listed
albeit in a different location. I am tempted to take the risk, but
obviously I don't want to get stung once full payment is sent and
flying out to Saskatchewan within the 30 days to complete the
transaction is also unrealistic for me at this time.

> Also has anybody else imported their car from Canada, is it the
same as repatriating from the States? And can anybody explaine to me
what is a "bonded" vendor?

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk