[DML] Re: chrome wheels, Bricklins

Darryl,

You are right! You can chrome aluminum.

You are a man with many experiences in this industry and you are highly
respected.
You do have may respect with the DeLorean marque.

I guess my reply on chroming aluminum material has not reached the DML site
that I sent several days ago to reply to another DMLer. The topic was on
chroming aluminum material. Again, chroming aluminum is still a process that
is not easy and not highly recommended for durability and longevity by the
chromers in the industry (I checked with my chromers, can they all be wrong?
I would like to know for my info.)

Yes, you are right, many people do make a living doing so. Many people do
many "other things" and sell it too, whether it is "right or wrong." The
people who do these services and may not or will not tell you all the
advantages and disadvantages to these processes. (I like to see the warrantee
program they offer with their services or products.)

On a debate of a same level, but on a different subject, it is like people
painting DeLorean motorcars. It can be done. People do it for a living too.
But let us look at the reality of painting stainless steel. The "process
and the effort" to do so is more demanding than the standard steel bodies.
But it has been done. With the "modern" formulated paints that is available
today, the painting of stainless steel, aluminum even flexible materials is a
reality that was an impossibility many years ago.

Many people painted their cars for the reasons they want "colors" to their
cars or they could not afford to change the damaged parts. Painting in this
case was their way out.

The world is moving very fast in the development of technologies and
research. Maybe they do have a "new" process or procedure in the chroming of
aluminum. If so, I would like to know of the company or person that can
teach or inform me of the process. Like painting of difficult materials is
now a reality, maybe chroming aluminum has come to age and the "old" standard
of chroming aluminum is a thing of the past? I was always like to learn and
know more.

Thanks for the update.

Kayo Ong
#05508
Lic 9D NY

PS Have you the time to do engine conversions yet?

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews