Re: [DMCForum] DeLorean dealership sign for sale

On Dec 28, 2007 5:14 AM, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How about a new engine for your delorean?

I can't speak for Mark but for me, it was much more than the engine.
The car was old. It rattled and the cockpit was noisy. OK, I can fix
all that, rip the interior out and line it with sound deadening
material, tighten up everything, but there's another big project. The
doors were finicky and needed regular attention. The car couldn't turn
for shit, can't believe how terrible the turning radius is. You know,
there were a lot of little things like that. Many of them I fixed by
buying upgraded equipment - about ten thousand dollars worth over 3
years - but I could have sunk another ten grand into it on top of a
better engine and still longed for more.

Will I buy another DeLorean some day? It's likely. I loved the car
despite it's quirks. But if I do buy it will be a complete frame up
rebuild with every upgrade and fix imaginable - and it will be an
addition to a collection, presuming I am in a place to afford a
collection later in life. I'd really like to play with some modern
exotics first.

-Ryan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional