Re: [DMCForum] DeLorean dealership sign for sale

On Dec 30, 2007 5:14 PM, timnagin <timnagin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was just funnin'. :-)

I know. :)

>  I have had three De Loreans, and the mystique is gone.

Likewise. It went from being a dream car to just a regular old finicky
sports car. :-) Still, I do miss mine. I enjoyed driving it.

>  One thing I have learned, contrary to what people on the DML state about
>  only "qualified people" working on the car, is the car is very simple to
>  work on. I have done a ton of work on this car and after every part I
>  thought, "that was it? Why do people say this car is so hard to work on?"

Right. I was pretty big into Fieros before my DeLorean. I owned
several of them over a period of a few years, my most recent being a
custom engine job with a 3800SC in the back. The Fiero was harder to
work on than my DeLorean. Being a mid-engine car there is not much
room to work on anything. When I bought the DeLorean I took one look
at the engine bay and went, "Wow, look at all that space!" Most people
see it as cramped and awkward but after fixing mid-engined Fieros for
years, it was a huge improvement for me.

Nothing on a DeLorean is any more difficult to work on than any other
old sports car, except those pesky doors.

-Ryan