Re: [DMCForum] Re: the EV1... vs Diesel

Jon,

On 9/12/07, jonheese <jonheese@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  The answer is not to desperately empty the cupboard, the answer is to
>  find other sources of energy.

The answer is both, IMHO. I think we need to be drilling at home
immediately to reduce our oil imports while we work on a useful
alternative energy source. There are millions of oil burning cars on
the road and they aren't going away anytime soon. Even if we stopped
selling them today, there are still going to be millions on the roads
in 15 more years. So we need to be able to power them and it would be
best if we did so of our own accord, instead of importing from
unstable countries.

Granted we'll never eliminate our dependence on foreign oil but at
least we could reduce it. At the same time we need to be pushing as
hard as we can to get off of oil all together.

-Ryan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: