RE: [DMCForum] Re: the EV1... vs Diesel

>It appears that some big US investors have been trying to buy up the
>ethanol companies in Brazil. Hmmm?

Big Sugar Cane will be the next to fall.  They didn't learn from what
happened to Big Corn.

>3. If the US does not want to be dependent on another source of
>imported fuel, the US government must:

Or, as I mentioned before, drill for our own oil on our own land.  We could
be independent of foreign oil right now, and we already have the refining
and distribution infrastructure for it.  Very little up-front cost.

>b. invade a south american or central american country and take
>over the land-Hey more Banana Republics!

I vote for this, but no more Banana Republics, please.

>Cuba is no threat to the US.

We need their cigars more than anything else.  Even more so due to the
coming tobacco tax to help "the children."

>Why isn't Detroit making engine that are specifically designed to run on
E85 and
>are 15% more efficient than gasoline engine.
>These engines would be comparably efficient to diesels. The octane
>rating of diesel fuel is around 122.

They have been for quite some time now.  Have you seen those Ford's with the
little green leaf on the side with "FFV"?  That is a Flexible Fuel Vehicle.
I had a 1999 Ford Ranger than was like this.

>The reality is there are lots of fuel options for the future. Biofuels
>are cleary better than oil because they can be more carbon efficient
>than oil. We just need to get our political ass out of hole it is in.

Just buy carbon credits and you will be fine.  Don't make me remote start my
truck again.  :-)

>Electric vehicles with solar, wind, PV or nuclear generation have an
>almost carbon neutral balance. Both of these technologies need to be
>pursued-quickly.

Only if you completely ignore the manufacturing, shipping, advertising,
maintenance and everything else associated with it.

>An effort that goes against trillion dollar special interests, so it
>will NEVER happen in our lifetime.

You build it up and get me all excited and then tear it down at the last
minute.  Now I feel horrible.

Greg

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=7522986/grpspId=1705126215/msgId
=35305/stime=1189597625/nc1=4767086/nc2=3848607/nc3=4025338>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)