Re: [DMCForum] Re: the EV1... vs Diesel

You do realise that older indirect mechanical injection diesels can run
on straight veg oil, don't you? (or any kind as long as it's heated to
over 80 degrees C before beng allowed near the injection pump). Rigging
up a heat exchanger running off the coolant system and electric
auxiliary element in a little slave tank is the usual method

Martin

Ryan Wright wrote:

> Martin,
>
> I've looked seriously into making my own for my bus. I concluded it
> was too damn much effort. Making a few gallons at a time is easy and I
> could do it in my garage, but I'd need to make 50 gallon batches at a
> minimum to fuel my 300 gallon coach. Looking at all of the different
> processes required to home-brew, and the time involved, making 50
> gallon batches would require an industrial sized setup and a lot of
> expensive equipment.
>
> Making 5 gallons at a time is doable and if I had a little diesel car
> I might go for it.
>
> -Ryan
>
> Recent Activity
>
>    *