Re: [DMCForum] the EV1...

Josh,

I would have loved an EV-1.

I currently drive a Honda Insight to work daily. Bought it a few
months ago. Honda stopped producing them last year, unfortunately.
It's a gas-electric hybrid similar to the Prius, but here's the catch:
I'm getting in excess of 70 miles per gallon. That's average over an
entire tank of gas. My fuel costs went from $40+ a week driving the
DeLorean to $30 a month in the Insight.

I love this car. I wish Honda would make more of them. We all know
damn well that they can make these cars because they've done it
before! Why won't they make them? Honda never really advertised the
Insight. If they had pushed it like Toyota pushes the Prius, a lot
more people would be driving them. Everyone who sees my car has no
idea what it is, has never heard of it, but when I tell them what sort
of fuel economy I get they all want one.

GM is currently claiming they can't produce the Volt yet because
"battery technology isn't there." WTF? You made the EV-1. It got,
what, 120 miles per charge? And you can't make a hybrid that gets 40
miles per charge? Are you fucking kidding me?

-Ryan

On 9/10/07, Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Okay.I can stay quiet no longer on this subject!  My aunt leased an EV1 when
>  she had the chance and took me for a ride in it once when I was out visiting
>  her.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: