[DMCForum] the EV1...

Okay.I can stay quiet no longer on this subject!  My aunt leased an EV1 when
she had the chance and took me for a ride in it once when I was out visiting
her.

It was one of the fastest, and most well built cars I've ever seen.  The
sensation of silently accelerating away from a stop light, blowing the doors
off of anything that dared give chase was fantastic!  My aunt had the car
for as long as she possibly could, and fought hard when they came to pry it
away from her.  She was even featured on the evening news when the story
broke that GM was taking them back.  I still have one of the original GM
promotional brochures for the cars here in my collection.

Unfortunately, as the "Who Killed." movie suggests with all the other
owners, there really wasn't much she could do to keep the car.  She tried
buying it at any price, but they wouldn't permit it, she tried hiding it,
but that only brought the threat of a lawsuit.  She tried other means as
well, but nothing worked, and she was in tears when they came with the
flatbed to haul it away.  Bob, you'll be happy to know though, that as a
child of the 60's, she flattened the tires as a form of passive resistance
when they came to pick it up.  (hehe)

I was recently visiting the University of Cincinnati School of Design, Art,
Architecture and Planning, and they have an EV-1 in their lobby, because one
of their faculty members was responsible for the some of the design work.
I'll have to look into whether they still have a powerplant in theirs, as I
believe it was delivered to them prior to actual production, and there's a
slim chance it was missed when they smashed all the others.  There's no
reference to it in the movie, which in my opinion really wasn't very
thorough.  They based too many of their conclusions on conjecture, and
forced you to draw too many implied conclusions from the limited facts
presented.  Almost every political debate has two extremes.if you consider
both, you'll find the truth somewhere in the middle.  We need Greg and Bob
to help us find that middle ground truth, so thanks guys!

-Josh

VIN 5102

VIN 15964

VIN 11289