Re: [DMCForum] Re: Who has dampening door struts?

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Who has dampening door struts?

Shannon,

On 4/13/07, Shannon <birdwells@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  together. I'm wondering if the door seals are causing the doors to
>  stick too much. Probably the best thing to do is to lighten the weight
>  of the doors by replacing the solenoids with the actuators. Would this
>  help?

Could be a number of things. I'd guess the seals are more to blame for
the not opening after sitting a long time. Try rubbing some silicon
spray lubricant over the seals - that's helped me in the past (only
slightly, though).

Lightening the weight of the doors always helps. You can increase the
torsion bars 1 notch and that will accomplish the same thing - but
lightening is better as that won't increase torsion bar stress.

By the way, I love my actuators from Toby. They beat the snot out of
those stupid solenoids. The solenoids were great in their day but that
kind of heft and bulk and power requirements just isn't necessary
anymore.

-Ryan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional