[DMCForum] Re: Who has dampening door struts?

[DMCForum] Re: Who has dampening door struts?

I have the automatic door openers also. If my doors have been closed
for a long time the doors won't open up. If I open the doors and then
close them, the doors will usually open when I push the button to open
them. I think the struts just lose some of the compression. When the
doors open they go up all the way so there's no sagging. I heard that
the struts only get the doors open but the torsion bars actually get
them up all the way but this doesn't make sense. It seem that they work
together. I'm wondering if the door seals are causing the doors to
stick too much. Probably the best thing to do is to lighten the weight
of the doors by replacing the solenoids with the actuators. Would this
help?

Shannon
VIN 16113

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright@...> wrote:

> Well, here's the deal: My torsion bars were cranked up a lot when I
> bought the car. I turned 'em way down, just enough to perfectly
> balance the doors and have them gently stop at the top on their own
> without bouncing.
>
> Unfortunately, this made my launchers completely unreliable. If I
> crank the bars up one more notch, they won't be putting too much
> stress on anything, but my launchers will work well again. As it is, I
> think my torsion bars are turned down lower than most.
>
> -Ryan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: