Re: [DMCForum] Re: Who has dampening door struts?

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Who has dampening door struts?

Shannon Y,

On 4/13/07, Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I did the same thing and had the same results with my launchers. According to
>  Grady the doors hang point (without the gas strut) should be 3 to 5 inches from
>  closed. Start with this then look into the gas struts.

My torsion bars are adjusted fine for a DeLorean without launchers.
They just need another notch.

I wanted to replace the struts to get the dampening ones because one
of mine died the other day. Figured I might as well switch to the
dampeners. That said, thank you for mentioning this:

>  DPNW (Toby) has? / had temperature adjusting pistons with a lifetime warranty.

My current struts ARE Toby's. I didn't realize they had a lifetime
warranty. I'll contact Toby and see if he will replace this failed
strut. If so, that will save me some money. I still won't have the
dampeners, but I won't be out any money either. Basically if I have to
pay to replace them I'm getting dampening struts; if it's under
warranty, screw it, I'll keep what I have! :)

Thanks!

-Ryan