Re: [DMCForum] Response to DW D1 add and Extreme Prices for DOA Las Vega

Re: [DMCForum] Response to DW D1 add and Extreme Prices for DOA Las Vegas event

...and as I pointed out, I too have a fast car that cost a fraction of
the DeLorean in the form of my Nissan Skyline GTST - which I feel fairly
confident would cheerfully outrun your Taurus (I could keep up with a
TVR Sagaris up to 140 when he backed off). In fact, the owner of the
Alpine I keep banging on about was asked "why did you bother spending so
much money getting the GTA to that spec when you could have bought a
blah blah blah..."

Answer:

Because he too, already has a 400hp Skyline. He wanted his GTA to be as
good as it could be. And he prefers the GTA AND reckons it's quicker
too, and I believe him. It's fecking ballistic. Look up the spec of your
Taurus and tell me if it pushes over 360ft-lbs of torque at 3500rpm ? I
know my Skyline Doesn't!

If you've got a better solution than turbocharging a 3 litre PRV then
you go ahead and do it. Several people have tried, but do you know ANY
engine swap that's been done twice by the same person? IMO the only way
that'll happen and become a recognised "upgrade" is by keeping it in the
family and doing a PRV. Hey, I could be wrong and build someone a hugely
satisfying one-off. Oh, hang on, I've already built a 2.5 twin turbo
from a GTA engine. Here's a photo

http://www.delorean.co.uk/DSCN2219.JPG

My plan for the 3 litre engine is a SINGLE TURBO. Keeping it as simple
and stock as possible will mean we won't hit the potential of the engine
but it'll be more than enough to scare the shit out of you in your own
car. A DeLorean with 400hp would be thoroughly dangerous.

Martin

Videobob Moseley wrote:

> I have regretted turning my car into a "time machine" simply because I
> can't
> drive and enjoy it like I used to. It was a lot of fun to drive.
> However after driving my HEMI Magnum for the last 50K miles I am spoiled
> rotten.
> Heated leather, 400HP with equal torque. All the goodies you could imagine
> and one of the fastest things on the road.
> It will smoke most cars up to about 160MPH.
> It does 0-60 in 6 seconds.
> Not too shabby for a STATION WAGON.
> It would be hard to go back to a PRV after all that.
>
> So I plan to get another DeLorean and the first thing I will do is
> yank that
> pathetic little motor out and put in something better.
> I mean, you could spend thousands to twin turbo the PRV and get less power
> than a stock Ford Taurus????
> WTF?
> The best solution I have seen is an Aurora V6, basically a 6 version
> of the
> Northstar.
> it's lighter than a PRV, 230HP stock, and you can get one in a junk yard
> CHEAP.
> Put twin turbos on that and you have almost 400HP.
>
> This discussion has been made a million times.
> I just want a modern car that is fast, has some cool gadgets and fun to
> drive.
> If I could put all that into the DeLorean I would have it all.
> All I know is you can't take it with you.
> I'm gonna drive mine into the dirt!!!!
> - VB

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional