Re: [DMCForum] Posting FROM Marc Levy about Moderation

Re: [DMCForum] Posting FROM Marc Levy about Moderation

I, for one, don't think we should put an end to this discussion, or any
discussion for that matter.  That's the whole point.

This forum, by design, was unmoderated.  Moderation is what has caused
it to swing out of control here.  Sure, Marc is a little crazy, but
that's fine.  That was what we all loved about this group: everyone
showed varying degrees of insanity, and it was okay.

Now what's happened?

You condemn Marc for attacking someone, and then you return the favor?
Sure, he deserved it, but that doesn't make it right, or legal by the
apparent new rule of this forum.

For the most part, I don't agree with Marc's actions, but I do agree
with his intentions.  Moderation is inherently flawed, problematic, and
unnecessary in this forum.

In regards to the famous politics/religion polls, I think the best
people to answer the question about the "I Don't Care" votes are the 6
and 7 people respectively who voted for it.  If those people didn't want
to be counted either way on the issue, why did they vote?  Were they
just bored?  Why was the option even offered?  Couldn't it be assumed
that the ~90something% of members that didn't vote were the true "Don't
Care"s?

Private messages from Marc don't change my position.  I'm not defending
Marc, I'm defending what he's defending.

Regards,
Jon Heese

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM