Re: [DMCForum] Number of DMC Forums.

There is no consensus amongst the community and the other forum
owners. To close this forum would do no good - it still serves a
purpose. (Besides, it's not "my" forum to close - we've always said it
belongs to the community - so the community would have to decide).

I'd simply like to see a single, consolidated forum. Web based, so
there can be multiple sections, including an off-topic section for
discussions like those on this forum. Email features, so users can
subscribe to entire forums and interact with threads much like they do
here and on the DML. And moderated by a system that ensures power
struggles and discrimination against individuals or specific points of
view are minimized or eliminated.

It could be done. I could make it happen. There are others in the
community that could make it happen. But we would need the support of
all forum owners & moderators, and a majority of the membership.
Everyone would have to agree to shut down and launch a single new
system.

I think we're a small enough community that we could pull it off, but
I think many people are too set in their ways (and/or too power hungry
in wanting things their way, or wanting to suppress certain
commentary) to go along with it.

-Ryan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM