Re: [DMCForum] Number of DMC Forums.

I personally prefer having the different forums.  Each has it's own seperate personality, and it's own little group of participants.  For example, I post on DMCTalk all the time, but only every now and then on the others.  But, I still enjoy just reading from the others, and from time to time I can still chime in to give my input if I want to.  Just my oppinion.

Chuck

Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:                                  There is no consensus amongst the community and the other forum
 owners. To close this forum would do no good - it still serves a
 purpose. (Besides, it's not "my" forum to close - we've always said it
 belongs to the community - so the community would have to decide).

 I'd simply like to see a single, consolidated forum. Web based, so
 there can be multiple sections, including an off-topic section for
 discussions like those on this forum. Email features, so users can
 subscribe to entire forums and interact with threads much like they do
 here and on the DML. And moderated by a system that ensures power
 struggles and discrimination against individuals or specific points of
 view are minimized or eliminated.

 It could be done. I could make it happen. There are others in the
 community that could make it happen. But we would need the support of
 all forum owners & moderators, and a majority of the membership.
 Everyone would have to agree to shut down and launch a single new
 system.

 I think we're a small enough community that we could pull it off, but
 I think many people are too set in their ways (and/or too power hungry
 in wanting things their way, or wanting to suppress certain
 commentary) to go along with it.

 -Ryan