Re: [DMCForum] Indecent stickers

On 6/20/06, Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  One thing about being old is you actually experience things.

Your age has nothing to do with this issue and you don't know mine. So
let's not play the game of, "I'm older than you, therefore I'm right."

> However, with Nexus charging $100 per hour for legal search fees, you
> can foot the bill, not me.

I thought you were friends with all of these people who have had their
Batmobiles seized? You can't ask them for a copy of the judge's
ruling? You can't go down to the county courthouse and get a copy for
your own records? Court documents in many counties are available on
the Internet now. Surely you at least know a venue and case number! I
mean, come on, Bob! If you're so "in the know", throw us a bone!

>  I have seen these cases and the legal settlements.

If you've seen them, then why are you whining about Nexus search fees?
You don't have a case number? A date? A venue? You've seen them, yet
you remember nothing about them that would allow you to track them
down again without using Nexus?

Further, are you now saying the car being taken was part of a
settlement? I've already stated several times this would be a
"surrender", not a "confiscation". If the owner agrees to give the car
up so as to avoid further legal problems, the car hasn't been
confiscated. Confiscation is where one party takes legal possession of
something from another without permission or consent. If the owner
throws his hands up and says, "Fine, take the car, I can't afford to
defend myself anymore", that's not confiscation.

Perhaps you meant to use the word, "judgement". Or did you?

>  BTW.    Confiscating cars for parking tickets is adminstrative law not
>  criminal law as you claim.
>  Confiscating cars for failing emission testing and then driving them is
>  adminstrative law not criminal law as you claim.

I said government action. The difference is not criminal vs
administrative, it's government vs. private citizen. The government
has a variety of methods in which it can confiscate your personal
property. A private citizen (or corporation - same difference) has no
such privilege unless he is owed money and has placed a lien against
the property in question; in which case the property is still not
siezed by the individual, but by the courts, to be sold and therefore
satisfy the judgement against you.

Further, the private citizen doesn't simply get the property for
themselves. I can't sue you, place a lien on your car, take your car
and keep it. The car will be sold at auction, by the courts, to
satisfy my lien.

Further yet, most states limit siezure of personal property to satisfy
liens, many severely so. In Texas, for example, you can't lien a car
worth less than $30k (individual; $60k for a family).

>  You show really learn about the law if you expect to avoid problems in
>  your life.

LOL!! If I show really learn about the law, then you show really learn
to spell. ;-)

-Ryan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM