Re: [DMCForum] Re: Inappropriate Car Show Behavior?

On 6/19/06, Videobob Moseley <videobob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  How would you like your little girl to be examining his car at a show and
>  ask....
>  "Daddy, what's a XXXX and why are you sucking them?"
>  Think about it.

I'm not one to defend Robert, but the man has a point. The content of
the stickers was inappropriate.

If I were covering up something with stickers, I'd use a phrase such
as, "This sticker placed here to prevent Videobob from copying my
parts." Something that clearly explains exactly why you had to do it,
but without turning others off. Honestly, I'm sensitive to Monte's
cause - I understand why he did this - but it should have been handled
more professionally.

>  His ENTIRE beef with me was that I had photos of his car on my website as
>  part
>  of my replica archive, and I wrote glowing things about him, saying he was
>  very
>  talented and had one of the best cars I had seen, etc.
>  I didn't feel I should have to remove them.

Well, you did have to remove them; you were violating his copyright.
He could easily have sued you if you refused to remove them.

>  Now, I have all my own photos of him and his car, including VIDEO that I own
>  and will be posting soon for the world to see.

This, of course, is legal, as the car was displayed in a public area
for all to see and the photos you took are owned by you.

-Ryan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM