[DMCForum] Re: Inappropriate Car Show Behavior?

[DMCForum] Re: Inappropriate Car Show Behavior?

Well, that's all very interesting. But hey, it's gonna happen. Before
I do go any farther though, I will say that I do have a "vested
interest" of sorts with Video Bob. I buy his DVDs. He takes the time
to record stuff from the shows that I can't, or in one case did
attened, but wanted a permanent record of for my private collection.
And he was pretty damn funny to share dinner with in Houston last year
at the banquet.

First of all, VB, Gary, and Monte, you're all building REPLICAS of
things that neither of you invented. So *stealing* each others' build
secrets, or parts sources, or what the hell ever is totally
irrellivant. Because YOU'RE ALL COPYING SOMEONE ELSE'S DESIGNS IN THE
FIRST PLACE!!!! Unless one of you someway, some how gets permission
from the owners of the copyrights, trademarks, or whatever else it may
all be, the argument between you all is irrelevant.

Now, as far as the stickers go, we're all grown up, so let's just use
those grown-up words. Since no one will come right out and say it,
I'll assume that the stickers are referencing something phallic. Like
Dick, or Cock, Wang, Pole, etc. Of course, I could be wrong, since
everyone suddenly wants to be tea-totelers. They could have said
something like, Video Bob sucks toes, or even linoleum. I don't know.
But I'll venture to say, "Dick".

Now with that said, I don't think that there is slander, or libel
issue at all. I don't believe that Video Bob sucks dick at all. And to
convince me otherwise, I'd have to see some serious proof. Like a
video, or at least a photo that shows collapsed cheeks indicitive of
actual suction. Grossed out now? Good. Let's move one.

Now, we can all agree that saying that someone "sucks dick" is a
little bit childish. Duh. But, VB is right that had he have been the
one putting up stickers about someone else, there probably would have
been more of a fuss. And hell, had there have been other stickers
about other people, there could have been more encouragement, or even
more outrage depending on whom they would have been directed at. Ie
poking fun at someone like Ed Bernstien who isn't well recieved, vs.
more beloved people, like if someone had craked a few jokes about
Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's. See the contrast?

So there is no need to defend, nor endorse the motives behind VB, or
Monte, or anyone else's actions.

Now, I'm gonna add one more thing to that.

If, IF you're gonna be bold, and say something about someone, you also
had better be damn-well prepared to face the reaction of the person
you're dealing with. Example: I don't like Ed Bernstein, and over the
years, I've said lots of things to get that point across. However, if
someone wants to criticize someone else, they had better well be
prepared to deal with a response back from that person.

Now if Video Bob makes a physical threat against someone, when he
himself has not been threatened, that is wrong. However, if Monte
decides to say something publicly negative about VB, and then VB wants
to ask him about it, and Monte simply wants to straight-out ignore
him, then that is, IMO, rather chicken-shit.

I can understand Monte not liking VB, and wanting to say something
negative about him. And I can also understand VB being really offended
by such a public statement, and wanting to saysomething to vent his
anger about it. These may not always be the most appropriate actions,
let alone ones that you would expect, but they should be expected none
the less.

Vent, and get things out of your systems in private. And agree to
disagree, or just not interact with someone if you don't like them.
Following through with these urges is fucking stupid of you both. Now
grow up, and get on with both your goddamed lives.

-Robert

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM